We contacted the ESA a few hours ago when we were only aware of the G4 piece running this evening and were informed: "There will be a 2009 E3 and we will announce the details at the appropriate time." At the time the ESA said it had no idea what information G4 was planning to reveal and hadn't commented on the piece.
We've contacted the ESA for any official statement and will update as soon as we receive it.
Update: Croal has amended his piece to say that the E3 weekend dates, set aside for the public, "may have been incorrect."
Source - E3 2009 To Take Place During First Week of June, Be Open To the Public, Attendance Capped At 40,000 [Newsweek]
Source - E3 Returning To Past Size And Spectacle In 2009 [G4]
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console
Microsoft Xbox 360