What games are you playing now, and what are your characters?
Why do you like MMOs so much?
- LotRO: My main is a Man Hunter who spends most of his time either helping friends or gathering materials for my three crafting alts. I also have a Man Captain who I thoroughly enjoy.
- Guild Wars: I have 12 level 20s across three accounts in this game, but my favorite is a Necromancer named Bbq Ribs (shown above).
- WAR: Altitis has struck me here as well, but my two favorites are my Chaos Magus Shaen and my Dwarf Engineer Skolnik. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the stationary pet mechanic, regardless of the realm.
- Tabula Rasa: I've just recently started playing again after a 5-month hiatus. While I don't have a max level character yet, I find myself simply enjoying the ride up to 30 for that final tier, then starting a new character and doing it all over again. My goal is to get my Exobiologist, Rurik Adelbern, up to level 50 soon.
- WoW: Again, I tend to just enjoy making new characters in this game. I have about 6 characters across 3 servers, but none of them over level 31. My favorite class is the Warlock, as it encompasses most everything I like in a character.
Ironically, I'm not one for the "massively" part of an MMO. I'm an achievement junkie and an alt-a-holic, mainly. I enjoy playing with a small group of really good friends who can joke around on Vent or TS throughout the mission. I rarely join PUGs, and when I do, I'm quickly reminded why I rarely do. However, when I play a single-player game now, it just feels too empty for me. Although I don't really like to talk to everyone around me, it's just reassuring to know that they're there, if that makes any sense. What accomplishment in-game are you most proud of?
Getting my Hunter to max level in LotRO
was pretty huge for me, since I rarely stick with one character in one game that long. Now that I've done it though, I must get them all to max level!
What's the most terrible, drama-filled, awful thing to happen to you in an MMO?
I used to run a large guild in Guild Wars
, many moons ago. I'm not sure if I can pinpoint one certain event to take the crown of most-dramatic, but there were certainly a few. Actually, I would attribute all of my drama-filled MMO experiences (and some gray hairs) to that guild. If you had 10 more hours to play every week, what would you spend them doing?
Crafting! I love crafting, when it's done right. LotRO
's crafting system is actually a prominent feature of the game for me, and if I had more time, I would max out every character's crafting tiers. When you're not playing MMOs, what do you do?
Not surprisingly, I collect hobbies like I collect alts. I enjoy everything from gardening to working on cars to renovating my house to playing drums and more. I also try to stay pretty active in the general MMO community with other podcasts and blogs to which I contribute. My favorite hobby of all would probably be eating my girlfriend's cooking, though.