What's interesting to note as well is that the diagrams included in the patent show a pair of nunchuk-style devices for two of the the three shown people, perhaps related to recent rumors of a "break apart" PS3 controller. We'll poke Sony for the usual "no comment," "patents get filed all the time, nothing to see here" and "hey look, a hamster!"
Update: The official statement: "Sony Computer Entertainment files numerous patents globally for the purpose of protecting our inventions. However, it doesn't mean that every patent we file becomes a commercial product. We do not comment on rumors or speculation or comment on each and every patent we file."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25