- Select Season 4 weapons have had their rating requirements removed.
- Select Season 2 weapons have found themselves bearing rating requirements they didn't previously have.
- Warlocks and Priests can purchase full sets of Season 2 gear at absolutely no cost whatsoever.
- Select Season 4 accessories can be acquired at no cost.
- The Brutal Gladiator's Hatchet is completely free as well.
Those are only the things we know of right now, the problem may even go farther than that. I've checked the Tiers 4, 5 and 6 vendors with a few friends of various classes and haven't run into any oddities there yet. It seems exclusive to PvP gear.
Before you get excited and run off to buy some gear, please keep in mind that while this is a bug, that could be considered an exploit. A bug isn't your fault but when you knowingly abuse it, it quickly becomes your problem. That being said, I don't think Blizzard will be banning any accounts over this, either. I would just recommend being careful and not abusing this.
I fully expect server restarts by morning to correct this issue, because it's kind of a big deal. Then again, we're going to be in Northrend tomorrow evening and this gear will quickly be replaced. Maybe they won't bother, but I sort of have my doubts. If you see something about a server shutdown or restart in the next few hours, this would be why.
2:20 am: Blizzard has added a message to the login screen mentioning that they are aware of the issue, and asking us to avoid purchasing these items.