Previously, we covered the Alliance flight paths of the first three zones in Northrend. Now it's the Horde's turn.
Once you've gotten to Northrend and possibly taken an awesome turtle boat to your choice of starting zone, you'll be mostly getting around by Wind Rider (flying mounts, of course, don't work in Northrend until level 77).
Note that there will be zone-specific information and maps after the cut; if you don't want to see anything about Northrend before you go there, don't click.
There are five Horde-accessible FPs in the Howling Fjord: four Horde, and one neutral. The Horde ones are all circled in red on the map above, and the neutral one in yellow.
- Vengeance Landing, where the zeppelin from Undercity docks, has its bat handlers at (79,30), and yes, there seem to be two of them (?).
- At Camp Winterhoof, a Taunka settlement, you'll find Celea Frozenmane (50,12).
- Lilleth Radescu (26,35) flies bats out of the Apothecary Camp out in the west.
- The neutral flightmaster in Kamagua is Kip Tralwskip (25,58). Kamagua on an island of its own off to the west, but there's a lift that will take you over from the shore.
- Tobias Sarkhoff is at New Agamand in the south (52,68).
The Borean Tundra has three Horde FPs and three neutral ones, for six in all.
- Turida Coldwind, in Warsong Hold, will be your first stop in Borean Tundra if you came here by zeppelin from Orgrimmar. She's at the top of an elevator, which is in the same room the zeppelin takes you to.
- Omu Spiritbreeze (78,38) is in the Taunkale Village, where the Taunka live (that's one race I'm jealous of the Horde for having access to).
- There are two dragon flight masters, working for the Kirin Tor. The first one, named Surristrasz (45,34) is at the Amber Ledge; Amber Ledge is the only way to get to the Transitus Shield at first.
- Once you get to the Transitus Shield, Warmage Adami (33,34) will fly you back and forth.
- Bilko Drifstpark, at the Tuskarr village of Unu'pe, will get you where you need to go, Horde or Alliance. He's not particular. Unu'pe is on the east coast of the Tundra.
- Kimbiza (50,11) resides in Bor'Gorok Outpost.
Boom! 11 flight points available to Horde players in the two starting zones. That's two better than the Alliance.
However, what if you want to fly between BT and HF? Sure, turtle boats are nice, but sometimes you want to be able to AFK while you travel, right? Well, there are no direct flight paths between BT and HF, but there is the Dragonblight sitting between them, and some connecting flights through that.
The Dragonblight is for levels 71-74, so it shouldn't be too hard to get into it. It has three Horde and two neutral flight points.
- Cid Flounderfix (47,66) is a neutral flight master at the Tuskarr Mo'aki Harbor on the south coast.
- Junter Weiss (76,62) is the Venomspite bat handler, towards the east of the zone.
- Nethestrasz, of the Wyrmcrest Accord, resides in the Wyrmcrest Temple smack in the middle of the zone (60,51).
- Agmar's Hammer in the west gets its wind riders courtesy of Narzun Skybreaker (37,46).
- Numo Spiritbreeze (43,17) is the flight master at Kor'krun Vanguard, up in the north.
And finally, here's a summary map of all the Horde flight paths in lower Northrend:
So as you can see, to get from Warsong Hold to New Agamand (for instance), you need at least these flight points:
- Warsong Hold (Borean Tundra)
- Agmar's Hammer (Dragonblight)
- Venomspite (Dragonblight)
- New Agamand (Howling Fjord)
Arthas awaits and so do your questions. Find the answers you've been looking for that will help you with your journey into Northrend and to level 80 with Wrath 101.