STATE OF THE CLASS
- Because Patch 3.0.3 is practically Wrath of the Lich King, our coverage of Paladin changes during Patch 3.0.3 should get you up to speed with the state of the class before you step out into the cold.
- There were definitely a lot of changes, so you just might want to review how Paladins got hammered repeatedly -- kind of like being forged into shape, really -- right before launch. There were some expected nerfs, and a few unexpected ones. But even though we got hit bad by the nerf bat, Blizzard still promises some love sometime soon.
- No matter what happens, though, I really think that this new age of play is a Paladin's time to shine.
- Of course, before Patch 3.0.3 came along, there was the massive, game-changing Patch 3.0.2, and we covered the changes to the Holy tree, as well as the great new Protection tree, and of course, the extremely popular Retribution tree.
- Allison's Dungeoneering post isn't specifically for Paladins, but there's good advice for everyone who plays one. If a Paladin is your main, level him or her to 80 first. You're going to want to skip ahead of the plate-grab when Death Knights burst onto the scene.
- Lastly, you might want to check out some reviews on a couple of new skills available to you in Wrath, such as The Art of War and Divine Storm.