Wii Play, for example, looks like finishing in the top five games of the year for the second year running. Even more impressively, Gamasutra thinks it could sell more copies in 2008 than in 2007, which is all kinds of crazy. Surely that would be some kind of first?
The top two spots are held by Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii, a pair of titles that we always expected to sell well, but to beat the likes of Wii Fit or other games aimed at Nintendo's broadened audience? Speaking of Wii Fit, it tops the chart for estimated revenue so far this year, thanks to its higher retail price. We'll reproduce the 2008 YTD sales table below, but Gamasutra has other data worth looking at here.
1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) -- 3.5 million
2. Mario Kart Wii (Wii) -- 3.4 million
3. Grand Theft Auto IV (360) -- 3.2 million
4. Wii Play (Wii) -- 3.0 million
5. Wii Fit (Wii) -- 2.8 million