Even though PETA hasn't been too happy with Cooking Mama: World Kitchen, everyone else has to be enjoying the game we had so much fun with back at E3, right? Well, the few reviews that have come in haven't been all that positive. So let's get to the scores.
- IGN (70/100): "So what we have here is a good casual game; what last year's Cooking Mama should have been. World Kitchen is easy enough for anyone to pick up and play (despite the lack of tutorial), and Mama's charisma may even keep cynical hardcore gamers playing longer than they expected. A little depth beyond simple waggle controls and more gameplay variety would be nice, but this is a fun, breezy game for the non-discriminating player on your holiday shopping list."
- Nintendo Power (65/100): "Cooking Mama World Kitchen isn't bad, but it could have been better." [Holiday 2008, p.80]
- 1UP (C-): "World Kitchen tries hard to spice up the already tasty Cooking Mama recipe with new characters, slapstick rescue minigames, and cheesy-in-a-bad-way voiceovers, but the results leave behind a funny aftertaste. It'll do in a pinch, but I prefer Cook Off's well-balanced helpings."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 328
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19