But anyway, I mean quiet as in, there seems like we should get some earth shattering news soon. Maybe a 3.0.4 PTR if nothing else. But I shouldn't complain, we have a whole expansion to keep us busy for a while. Still, I'm going to make a prophecy anyway. 3.0.4 before the new year. You heard it here first.
In the meantime, we'll have to satisfy ourselves with news from the past week. You can read while your server's down for the 5 AM rolling restarts:
Hot News and Features
- Looking for a Holiday gift for the special WoW player in your life? We have just the gift list for you.
- If you have a question about the game, check and if The Queue has answered it lately. Among this week's topics are Protodrakes, stolen mailboxes, and who does Putress' tailoring.
- Also continuing full steam ahead is our Wrath 101 series, where we give you the basics on the basic elements of Wrath of the Lich King. This week, we focused on Grizzly Hills flight paths and the Sons of Hodir.
- Arena season 5 officially begins on December 17th, so be sure to get those teams formed ASAP.
- Blizzard's legal machine has leapt into action again, this time targetting private servers.
Class News and Guides
- As 3.0.4 draws closer, we're starting to hear more about class balance. For example, Ghostcrawler revealed some rather nice planned Death Knight changes.
- Shifting Perspectives this week features a guide to reputation gear for Druids.
- Shamans, we have a reputation gear guide for you as well.
- For Hunters, we have a guide to normal dungeon gear.
- For Rogues, we have a guide to Emblem of Heroism rewards.
- For Warlocks in love with Haste rating, we have a gear guide for you this week.
- For Warriors, we have a guide to Fury leveling talents.
- Here's some good news for quite a few classes, especially Warlocks, Shadow Priests, and Unholy Death Knights: The debuff limit is gone.
Professions, items, dungeons, and more
- Forget the Death Knight starting quests, this Kalu'ak daily right here is what I call a creepy quest.
- Also for Death Knights, we have a primer for Death Knight stats and gearing.
- If you're a casual who's wondering if it's a good idea to take the Death Knight plunge, we also have 7 reasons you should.
- If you don't mind running around Storm Peaks for a while, you could have a Protodrake mount without any reputation grinding or token gathering at all.
- If you don't mind do a bit of questing, you can also grab yourself a polar bear mount.
- Are you a skinner? We have some tips (and etiquette advice) for you on the fine art of poaching.
- Are you a Blacksmith? Are you a weapons specialist? Read this before you unlearn a specialization.
- Last week's Insider Trader focused on the highlights of professions in Wrath.
- If you've ever faced Loken, this next tidbit probably won't surprise you. He's the most deadly mob in the game.
- This week's Ready Check focuses on the Plague Quarter of Naxxramas.
- Ghostcrawler spoke on the difficulty of Wrath and the definition of hardcore earlier this week.
Odds and Ends
- Attention Guild fans: Episode 2 of Season 2 is out.
- Ghostcrawler and Vaneras speak out on what the GMs play.
- Here's an interesting tweak to the armory: The wealth achievement summary category is gone.
- Frustrated with Warsong? Maybe you shouldn't have a nice cup of tea.
- Slow leveler? Feeling a bit left behind by the 80s? You may not be as alone as you think.