Interviewed by MCV, Reeves admitted that, "there are currently no plans for a PSP2," adding, "I go to Tokyo quite a lot and no one has referred to it – I think they have their hands full at the moment."
Reeves also addressed the thorny issue of PSP software (or, more specifically, the lack thereof), saying, "[PSP's] weakness...is its software." PlayStation's European boss chalks the situation up risky business, explaining of developers that "when it comes to placing their bets, have to choose PS3 and 360, then Wii, then DS, maybe even PS2 before PSP." He did not offer any details of how Sony is (hopefully) working to change this. Mr. Reeves, sir, you're not exactly instilling us with confidence.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 108
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Screen size 4.3 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Camera External (1.3 megapixels)
- Dimensions 2.81 x 6.67 x 0.73 in
- Weight 6.67 oz
- Discontinued 2014-01