Okay, so I'm not saying right out that patch 3.0.8
is today, but with the 3 AM to 11 AM Pacific extended downtime this morning
, well, it seems likely, and I was right about the PTR going up in the first place. Still, one week is sort of short, isn't it? Anyway, as long as we're on the subject of 3.0.8, let's go ahead and look at some of the things we've discussed about it in the last week or so, that way you'll be ready if it does drop this morning.
- Here's the original PTR patch notes for 3.0.8.
- In one of the most noticeable changes in this patch, expect to see Night Elf Mechanostrider gangs popping up any day now with the removal of race restrictions on PC race mounts.
- Among some of the biggest class changes are those for Death Knights, with some skill and talent changes meant to bolster them in PVE tanking and scale them back slightly in PvP.
- Mages, specifically Arcane Mages, are getting some nice buffs in 3.0.8.
- Yes, this is also the patch of the great Hunter nerf, alas.
- If you've been stuck trying to complete Northrend Gourmet, new recipes coming with this patch will now make that achievement -- and thus the Chef title -- possible.
- WoW, Casually discusses 3.0.8's advantages for the casual player.
- Check out some of the new items, including sigils and rings, that are coming in 3.0.8.
- The promised Feral Druid attack power changes are coming in 3.0.8, and with them comes a major change to Feral Staves
- Relics of Ulduar will be non-soulbound next patch, and will garner Sons of Hodir reputation when turned in to them in groups of 10 as well. Unfortunately, there is a small tradeoff. Hope you got your boot flask in time.
- More good news for tanks: You got some nice new stamina enchantments coming in 3.0.8.