The renders have since been pulled; lucky thing the internet is faster than the Millennium Falcon making the Kessel Run. Apparently, Smith was working on concepts for Han Solo (above) and a bounty hunter named Shara. Two of the images carry a game logo and are dated 2007, indicating that Battlefront III had been in development for some time prior to Free Radical's demise.
Development on the game is now rumored to continue at UK-based Rebellion, which just so happens to have created Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron for PSP.
Source – Richard Smith (blog)
Source – Rebellion Battlefront III reports aren't wrong (Videogamer.com)
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox 360