When it does come out, in addition to three original tracks included (which will build based on the player's performance, like Rez), two tracks from chiptune superstar Bit Shifter will be included in the game, as the menu and credits music! It's like Bit.Trip: Beat is the official game of chiptunes!
Neuse gave a couple of vague hints about upcoming Bit.Trip sequels, as well. "Episode 2 of the BIT.TRIP saga will continue the story of CommanderVideo's mission and will also introduce an entirely new gameplay mechanic-still rhythm based of course, and still chiptuney." We knew it was going to be a series, but we didn't know they were all going to be rhythm games. This is wonderful.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 329
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19