Zach Yonzon reported on the above video a few days ago featuring a Warlock's Voidwalker pet tanking the 10-man version of Sartharion with all three drakes up. Needless to say, it's one of the coolest things that I've seen in the game. In the comments Falcrist lists off a few good reasons how this became possible:
- Best in slot gear for increasing the Voidwalker's HP and relevant tanking statistics.
- The Voidwalker got a lot of alone time with Sartharion, probably in the range of 5 or so minutes, during which the Voidwalker is building up massive amounts of threat.
- Pets have 80% passive AOE resistance, so Sartharion's breath really doesn't hurt them at all (and especially at 90,000 HP).
Ghostcrawler has said that we shouldn't expect the Voidwalker to continue to serve as an "excellent tank for challenging raid content." Nerf incoming boys and girls.
We knew that the health boost for Warlock's pets was mainly for PvP purposes, since prior to the boost many were able to one or two shot most pets. It was always pretty obvious that this was a very big unintended consequence, and now this little bit of fun is going away.
RIP Voidwalker tank, RIP.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27