While submitting that Resident Evil 5 "pushes the boundaries of graphics and gameplay," Capcom's Associate Product Marketing Manager, Matt Dahlgren, had something more to say when prodded about a Wii version. "It was made for the Xbox 360 and PS3," he told our correspondent, Xav de Matos, at a recent Capcom event in Toronto. "That being said, Nintendo Wii fans will be very happy very soon."
When asked if we could expect an announcement during this month's GDC or E3 later this year, Dahlgren only offered, "Very soon." The exact nature of this impending happiness is up for speculation (examples: Biohazard 0's Wii port coming stateside! A remake! Umbrella Chronicles 2!), so we'll leave that to you.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19