It appears that Lost Planet 2 attempts to increase the scope of the action instead of the original game's plot. Teams can attack foes with many different strategies with various weapons, new melee moves (described as, "a little like the chainsaw in Gears of War") and VS units (Lost Planet's mech-like suits) at their disposal.
If that isn't enough to whet your appetite for the surprising sequel, OXM describes a battle against a three-story high boss that ends with a team member jumping inside of the downed creature's mouth (presumably in search of Luke Skywalker). Lost Planet 2 is currently planned for the Xbox 360 but other platforms are still a possibility.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 365
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Microsoft Xbox One