- GamePro (90/100): "But when you step back and consider the entire package, you start to appreciate Dark Athena for what it truly is. Instead, look at Dark Athena as a flawed yet enjoyable way to extend the thrill ride that is Escape from Butcher Bay."
- GameTrailers (84/100): "The Escape may handily trump the Assault, but neophyte Riddicks have a unique experience to work through. Though vets who return may begrudge Athena, it's doubtful they won't finish. It's an abridged effort, and more of a dreaded point-five than a true sequel, but with both missions it still reigns as the best first-person, melee, stealth, parkour game featuring Vin Diesel."
- 1UP (B-): "As a product, this package is recommendable to anyone who hasn't experienced the first game, or wishes to add it back to their current library. It also includes a surprisingly fun multiplayer suite, with the Riddick vs. Everyone Else mode "Pitch Black" as the main attraction. But as single-player games, the unsatisfying Dark Athena should be played as a curiosity and then put back where it belongs: in Butcher Bay's shadow."
- Worthplaying (75/100): "Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena is half excellent game, half mediocre game. Unfortunately, the excellent half is the same game that was released years ago, just with a small new segment taken from the PC port."
Source - Metacritic: Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (PS3)
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)
Microsoft Xbox One