Name: Black Ice (Wowhead, Thottbot, Wowdigger)
Type: Epic Polearm
Damage/Speed: 570 - 856 / 3.50 (203.7 DPS)
- +108 Agility, +88 Stamina
- 2084 Feral Attack Power, if you're into that sort of thing, and you probably are -- this is one of the best cat DPS weapons for Feral Druids
- Improves hit rating by 72 (which is just beautiful -- if you haven't ever looked into the pleasures of stacking hit rating up to the cap, do so right now, your DPS will thank you), haste rating by 58, and attack power by 134. The AP isn't actually that big of an upgrade above other weapons right around this level, but the extra +hit is really what makes this weapon pop for Hunters and "cat durids."
- Make sure to enchant this sucker as well -- Massacre is usually a nice one for this type of thing. We haven't talked much about enchanting gear in this column, actually (I'll try to do it more in the future), but yes, anytime you get a good solid epic like this one into one of your equipment slots, you should come up with some money to get an enchant on it.
- Oh, and as you can see above, it certainly is very pretty. And huge -- the good thing about wielding polearms at endgame is that everyone knows you're carrying one when you walk by. Swords and maces can get lost when sheathed, but this thing is gigantic.
- Don't confuse it, of course, with the Death Knight talent of the same name (are there any other gear/talent homonyms in the game?). Or with the dangerous road condition.
Getting Rid of It: You probably won't, if you want to keep that +hit -- there may be better DPS polearms out there, but none with that extra hit, which is extremely helpful. If you do decide to ditch it, vendors will give you 24g 85s 67c, and you can disenchant it into a (guess!) Abyss Crystal.