- Must have a great eye -- first and foremost -- and an innate understanding of art / culture / design and how they intermingle
- Must have strong graphic design fundamentals, with attention given to UI and workflow
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot, and build upon, existing designs and web apps
- Must have excellent general troubleshooting skills, and must be able to solve problems creatively
- Ability to produce custom, solution-oriented web applications for internal use
- Ability to quickly produce clean code that adheres to current web standards
- Must have experience in a variety of CMSs
- Should possess a start-up mentality and work ethic (long days and nights, lots of pressure)
- Must work well on a team
- Must have a solid portfolio (seriously)
- Preferred location in NYC or nearby on the east coast
Expert proficiency in:
- jQuery Library
- Web Standards
Be sure to include links to resumes and portfolios / previous work. You can email us resumes, but don't send attachments. If you're a web design firm -- don't email us. We're looking for individuals.
We also apologize, but the sheer volume of applications makes it difficult to respond to everyone. If we're interested we'll get in touch, and thanks in advance!
To apply to Engadget, please send us an email at jobsATengadgetDOTcom with the words "lead designer" in the title.