The purported new model swaps out the shiny 'Piano Black' exterior for a textured look like that of the PS2, and, for some reason, ditches the Spider-Man font for a logo that is also more in line with the PS2. Actually, now that we think about it, it makes a lot of sense to model an upcoming PS3 redesign after the still-successful PS2.
These pictures arrive amidst rumors that, in addition to the (rumored) PSP Go!, some other new Sony hardware may be unveiled at E3. If those rumors are true, and if the new hardware is a PS3, then ... these pictures could still be fake.
[Via Mr. Universal]
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 120 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Weight 7.1 lb
- Discontinued 2010-09-17
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)