As if you needed further proof that Apple is the favorite company of firebugs
everywhere, unibody MacBook Pro owner Ken Brinkman has snapped some pics of his spontaneously combusting MagSafe cable. Apparently, he was fast asleep at 1:30 AM this morning when the smell of burning plastic caught his attention. Luckily, the young man is safe as of this post -- but the condition of his data has yet to be determined. Once again, we implore you: does your MagSafe cable look like this
? If so, get it replaced. And while you're at it, you may want to make sure you don't have any first gen iPod nanos
laying around. We hear those things can be dangerous! Trust us, you'll be far better off listening to Natty Dread
on your Zune. One more pic after the break.