Update: Microsoft just pinged to let us know that the Zune HD is still set for a Fall release, not next month.
A few quick impressions we took away:
- The device was a pre-production model, and Steve had to boot it up -- which can be seen in the shots below.
- Hardware was surprisingly thin.
- There's what appears to be a solitary hard button below the screen.
- Interface was basically the same Zune UI with touch navigation, but very colorful and pretty snappy.
- The OLED screen looked great.
- We'll obviously be badgering Microsoft in the coming months for a longer, closer look at the device, but at least it's not just a render anymore.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 141
- Type Audio / video player
- Media type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Audio playback time up to 33 hours
- Video playback time up to 8.5 hours
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WMA
- Dimensions 4.08 x 2.07 x 0.35 in
- Weight 2.6 oz
- Discontinued 2011-03-14