Daring Fireball's John Gruber has been the focus of most of the very last-minute guessing with his thoughts of today:
- The iPhone 3G ... oh, sorry, iPhone 3GS: It'll be faster, twice the current amount of RAM, video camera, more storage ... those aren't new rumors. But, Gruber says that he's heard that the phone will also receive a name upgrade to the iPhone 3GS. The other nice piece of speculation is that the iPhone 3GS will also have a 15-20% longer battery life over the current model.
- Cheaper phones for the masses: A $99 version of the iPhone that will not have as many features as its more expensive siblings, though it could just be the existing 3G iPhone at a lower price after the new models are introduced. This isn't exactly that new of a rumor considering that The Financial Times had this one over the weekend.
- Snow Leopard pricing: Gruber believes we could see Snow Leopard priced as low as $19 considering it doesn't have any major features ... unless Apple manages to pull out something today.
- Playing with Marble: Of course, that new $129-cost "feature" could be that Snow Leopard will feature a reimaging of the OS's visual appearance. However, it's more likely that a move to "Marble" is slated for OS 10.7.
- The Holy Grail ... er Mac tablet: It's real, but not today.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 45
- Type Smartphone
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 4.7 inches
- Internal memory 16 GB
- Camera 8 megapixels
- Dimensions 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.27 in
- Weight 4.55 oz
- Released 2014-09-19
Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard