It's the day that time stood still: Chrono-Lord Epoch (The Culling of Stratholme) versus Volkhan (the Halls of Lightning). Who'll stop who (/snicker) in this week's five-man Wrath boss deathmatch?
Here's the setup:
- Assume that the Chrono-Lord and Volkhan share similar levels, health pools and a comparative overall damage output (including Volkhan's golems).
- Prince Arthas Menethil is not a part of this encounter.
- This match takes place in neutral territory (although we'll allow Volkhan an anvil to create his golems).
- Don't get caught up in game mechanics and what actual players might do in each encounter.
- Focus on the three S's: style, story and scale.
Tick tock, tick tock... Not quick enough! Let's get this over with.
Chrono-Lord Epoch, the third boss in The Culling of Stratholme, is sent by the leader of the Infinite Dragonflight to unravel time by altering key events -- in this case, events in Old Stratholme. He disrupts enemies in battle by slowing and stopping time.
Chrono-Lord Epoch, and review comments from players who've fought him.
Is it you who have destroyed my children? You... shall... pay!
Volkhan, a Fire Giant in the Halls of Lightning, resides in the Iron Crucible and forges molten creatures. The Sons of Hodir consider him a threat to their existence and send recruits (players) to destroy him in the quest Diametrically Opposed. During battle, Volkhan creates Molten Golems at the forge which he then Shatters for immense damage, once they have been "frozen" down to no health.
Volkhan, and review comments from players who've fought him.
As usual, you should assume that the foes share similar levels, health pools and a comparative overall damage output. They fight on neutral territory. We will not be allowing Prince Arthas Menethil into this deathmatch.
What has time wrought in this match? Come up with a convincing scenario that will sway other readers to vote for your victor of choice, and then show us your stuff in the comments.