- 2D and 3D map displays
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Branded UI features such as Reality View Pro, Lane Assistant Pro & "real signpost display"
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- Direct access and navigation to contacts saved in the iPhone's address book
- The latest NAVTEQ maps, 2M+ European POIs (points of interest)
- Navigation is automatically resumed after an incoming phone call
- Quick access to user-defined POIs in the area and along the route
- Take Me Home function with a single click
The Navigon app is US $94.99 (!) this month only, then the price goes up (!!!). The Navigon website doesn't yet show a list of the supported countries, but it's displayed in iTunes and is quite extensive (Albania to Vatican City with Estonia, Macedonia, San Marino & Slovenia + more in between). The app supports ten different languages and will automatically switch based on the selected language for the iPhone itself. The download weighs in at 1.65 GB.
This quick release of high quality navigation software should set mouths watering for a release over here, but I'm a bit troubled by the pricing, as you can buy a pretty fully featured low-end navigator for only a few more dollars.
Update: Our readers have also mentioned Gokivo, with a continuing US$9.95 a month subscription, and Sygic, which provides turn by turn navigation in Austrailia and New Zealand.
Thanks to Gaspare for the original tip and our alert readers for more suggestions!
- Key specs
- Reviews • 43
- Type Smartphone
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 4.7 inches
- Internal memory 16 GB
- Camera 8 megapixels
- Dimensions 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.27 in
- Weight 4.55 oz
- Released 2014-09-19
Apple iPod touch 6th-gen