Furthermore, while the PS3 is currently the most popular Blu-ray player -- it accounts for 6 percent of high-def hardware, while dedicated players make up only 3 percent -- Futuresource expects the console will account for only 22 percent of all high definition equipment in 2012. Declining prices for dedicated machines -- the firm says that entry level players will cost $50 by 2012 -- will push them to 53 percent.
Assuming these numbers ring true, maybe we'll be paying a little less for the "one to two" Blu-ray movies we supposedly buy every year.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25