While last week's Two Bosses Moorabi/Trollgore matchup was downright gory, this week's battle appears no less likely to end up in a bloody mess. This week, we'll see King Dred of Drak'tharon Keep tear into Jedoga Shadowseeker and her minions inside Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom.
The ground rules:
- Assume that the opponents share similar levels, health pools and comparative overall damage output.
- In order to give Jedoga access to her minions, we'll set this deathmatch in her stomping grounds in Ahn'kahet – but we'll provide that King Dred arrives on the scene with a raptor posse of his own.
- Don't get caught up in gameplay mechanics and what actual players might do in each encounter.
- Focus on the three S's: style, story and scale.
Who among you is devoted? You there! Step forward!
Jedoga Shadowseeker, the third boss in Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom, is a female Orc from the Twilight's Hammer clan in the service of Yogg-Saron. Fanaticism, human sacrifice ... These are Shadowseeker's stock in trade. Her power is entwined with the obedience of her minions. When confronted by an enemy, she attempts to sacrifice a Twilight Volunteer to gain Gift of the Herald, greatly augmenting her own power.
Twilight Initiates; you can safely assume that he is able to accomplish this with minimal effort and damage. Learn how the priestess calls upon and sacrifices her Twilight Volunteers during battle, and review comments from players who've battled Shadowseeker in the depths of Ahn'kahet.
King Dred raises his claws menacingly ...
King Dred, the great Devilsaur, is found within Drak'tharon Keep. His vicious attacks are augmented by those of the smaller raptors he calls to his aid during battle.
- Bellowing Roar
- Fearsome Roar
- Grievous Bite
- Mangling Slash
- Piercing Slash
- Raptor Call
- King Dred also "raises his claws menacingly," after which he performs all three of his bleed effects in rapid succession.
Read more about the Devilsaur's battle tactics, and look over comments from players who've faced him in Drak'tharon Keep.
As usual, you should assume that overall, the foes share similar levels, health pools and a comparative overall damage output. This battle takes place in Ahn'kahet on Jadoga Shadowseeker's turf, although (as noted) we're allowing King Dred to arrive on the scene with enough Raptors to call to his aid during battle.
Raptors and Initiates, priestess versus king ... Who will be left standing at the end? Cast your vote below – and don't forget to come up with a convincing scenario in the comments that will sway other readers to support your outcome.