This one goes out to you, Battlefield 1943 servers...
Wishin', and hopin', and thinkin', and prayin',
Planning and dreamin' each night of its charms.
That won't get you into a game.
So if you're looking for fun you can share
All you gotta to is hold him, and kiss him, and love him,
And show BF1943 that you care.
What's everyone playing this weekend?
- Alexander Sliwinski (@XanderSliwinski): Battlefield 1943 when I can actually get into a game. Hopefully EA has the whole server mess cleared by this evening. I also got Red Faction: Guerrilla from GameFly and have heard really good things. Looking forward to trying it.
- Andrew Yoon (@scxzor): <-- NEW TWITTER I'll definitely check out some Battlefield this weekend, as everyone tells me it's the shit. Hopefully, the servers work. I'll also namedrop a game that I'm hopeless addicted to: Comet Crash. This game got no buzz, which is a shame, because it's absolutely terrific. Check it out on PSN.
- Ben Gilbert (@BigBossBgilbert): Worms 2 is ravaging my time like a thief in the night. A little more Overlordin' (the first!) and -- maybe, just maybe -- I'll go back through Doom Resurrection. Maybe.
- Christopher Grant (@ChrisGrant): ...
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): I sent Bionic Commando back (I gave it a chance!) and will probably enjoy some BlazBlue, Skate 2, Burnout Paradise and some Bit.Trip: Core this weekend. I know better than to try and play Battlefield 1943, so I'll probably also sprinkle some Gears of War 2 in. I'm so close to level 50!
- Dustin Burg (@SuperDunner): On a mission to beat Hinkle to a level 50 rank in Gears of War 2.
- Griffin McElroy (@griffinmcelroy): I'm going to continue to devour Jeanne D'Arc, though I'm living in fear of its somewhat inevitable ending. (Toooastyyy!)
- James Ransom-Wiley: Can I get a Battlefield '43 server? Please!
- Jem Alexander (@Yembles): I will beat Bionic Commando on Commando difficulty, even if it kills me. When that gets too frustrating I'll go back to Rock Band Unplugged and think about which game from my PS2 backlog to play through first. All eyes on Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher): ...
- Justin McElroy (@JustinMcElroy): ...
- Kevin Kelly (@gadgetguy): I'm playing Battlefield: 1943 ... when the servers let me. And although I've finished Prototype, I'm going through and mopping up the city in an effort to gain those last few powers. Also, Comic-Con is coming up, so I'm playing the "Balance The Massive Schedule" game.
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): I'll be waiting for a free Battlefield 1943 server, I guess.
- Majed Athab: Would you kindly play BioShock again.
- Randy Nelson (@DangerPenguin): I'm looking forward to playing some Battlefield 1943 multiplayer with Team Joystiq. This single-player minigame sucks; I keep pressing the A button to "quick join," but I never win.
- Richard Mitchell (@SenseiRAM): Bionic Commando, beaten. The Conduit, destroyed (and disappointing). Now it's time for Sam & Max Save the World, more Oblivion, maaaybe my first journey into Fallout 3 and, for the very first time, The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap. I hear it's pretty good.
- Xav de Matos (@Xav): Battlefield: 1943, hopefully with some of the 'Stiq crew... if it works properly.
- Justin Glow (@justinglow): (Leasing a piece of his brain as a BF 1943 server.)