Patch 3.2 brings us many, many great ways for us to get our hands on Champions Seals along with some awesome things to spend them on! One of the easiest ways to get your hands on some of these new items is by completing the daily quests offered up in Ice Crown at the Argent Tournament. Now the Tournament has been around for quite some time now, but loads of people have told me that they either haven't taken part in it or just don't know how to Joust. If you are a Jousting n00b then this TurpsterVision is for you.
When you equip your lance and mount up on to your valiant steed your action bar will display the following relevant skills:
- It is important to make sure you click the 3 times before each fight to ensure that you have the maximum application of the buff to reduce damage taken by 50%. If you have just come out of a fight remember to hit the healing your mount back to full health before the duel.
- When you talk with the NPC to start the fight, make sure you are behind them as they will run forward once the fight has started to then turn and begin attacking you.
- When they run forward you should start to walk backwards while spamming and then when it is avalible.
- Now you are in melee range and should start to spam. If you have had any of your stacks of Defend removed you should reapply them with as soon as possible.
- Your opponent will try to break away from you and run to range to then Charge back in towards you. You have a few options here, you can run with them spamming but they will just have the opportunity to stack more Defends since you are not breaking their Defend with any skills. Instead I like to stay at range, using as they run away and then mash as soon as it is available. This can be tricky if you get trapped waiting on cooldowns due to a late Defend refresh. If you don't think you have time for both the Shield Breaker and the Charge, just go with the Charge to remove a stack of defend and while at the same time closing down the range so that your opponent can't do much damage to you.