"The gaming world has traditionally been a male domain, but today we're seeing more and more female gamers, particularly on portable devices," says John Koller, SCEA's Director of Hardware Marketing. "While SCEA has a broad range of PSP owners from under 12 to over 45 years old, we saw a tremendous opportunity for us to connect with the female and 'tween' demographic and create a PSP system that girls will love." Changing the color from black to an off-purple tone was exactly what girls were waiting for.
The "Girlz Play Too" website lets girlz (not girls, mind you) explore the features of the PSP system, customize a virtual PSP and take a quiz to find out which game character they are. This blogger? "You are So LocoRoco!" TOTALLY!
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Screen size 4.3 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Camera External (1.3 megapixels)
- Dimensions 71.4 x 169.4 x 18.6 in
- Weight 6.67 oz
- Discontinued 2008-10-15