A banner ad on KMart's website has reportedly promoted a "new exciting Playstation 3," along with a price cut for old and boring models (see: millions of concurring rumors). The Kmart ad is sure to contribute to the ongoing frenzy of speculation surrounding Sony's upcoming press conference at GamesCom -- well, probably. That's just speculation on our part.
In addition, Kotaku claims to have received a promotional poster meant for retailer FYE. It also suggests that the 80GB PlayStation 3 will have its price reduced to $299.99, while the Uncharted 160GB bundle will be trimmed to $399.99.
Update: A slightly different promotional ad (seen above) is now up on Kmart's front page.
Source - Kotaku
Source - Kmart
- Key specs
- Reviews • 240
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 120 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Weight 7.1 lb
- Discontinued 2010-09-17
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)