Frazier added, "The $299 price point is important to getting to a point where the next segment of price-conscious consumers can jump into the market and it most certainly will re-energize sales of the platform." So, basically, a cheaper PS3 will sell better because people are more likely to take the plunge at a cheaper price. We know that analysts get paid to offer their opinions, but this just ... gave us an idea!
"It's our opinion that a $99 price point for PS3 would increase sales by 90 to 100 percent." -- Joystiq
Small, unmarked bills only, please.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 240
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 120 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Weight 7.1 lb
- Discontinued 2010-09-17
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)