There's a rumor at DigiTimes that the iPod Classic -- the only hard drive-based iPod -- will receive a camera, along with the iPod touch and nano. That's unexpected, but less surprising that the Classic's continued existence. I predicted that device's death a while ago, and figured the Sept. 9th even would be that fateful day. The "Classic" model was introduced on September 5th, 2007, with 80GB (US$249) and 160GB (US$349) configurations. I can only assume that building a 160GB iPod touch would be cost-prohibitive.
According to DigiTiimes, OmniVision will supply the 3.2-megapixel camera image sensors.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 136
- Type Audio / video player
- Media type Internal storage (80 GB, Hard drive)
- Audio playback time up to 30 hours
- Video playback time up to 5 hours
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Dimensions 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.41 in
- Weight 4.9 oz
- Discontinued 2008-09
Apple iPod touch 5th-gen