Two new Snow Leopard titles have been released today in both ebook and print format. The first, "Take Control of Upgrading to Snow Leopard" is author Joe Kissell's take on how to perform a flawless upgrade to Mac OS X 10.6. Kissell, a long-time contributor to TidBITS and Macworld, did many installations of Snow Leopard beta versions to create a process you can follow to insure a flawless upgrade. He describes how to make a bootable duplicate of your existing machine in case the upgrade doesn't work out as planned, and has tips and tricks for optimizing Snow Leopard or troubleshooting issues after the install. This 81-page ebook is available today for US$10 from Take Control Books, or you can order a printed copy for US$19.99.
The second title is Matt Neuberg's mammoth "Take Control of Exploring and Customizing Snow Leopard." Neuberg, a TidBITS contributing editor and Apple development author, has written an ebook all about tweaking Snow Leopard to work and look the way you want. Matt covers literally dozens of topics in the book, so I recommend looking at the web page for the book if you are interested in learning more about what you can customize. The ebook is a whopping 165 pages long and is available today for US$15 (US$27.99 for the printed version) from Take Control Books. You can also purchase both Snow Leopard ebooks for only US$20.
As part of our Snow Leopard celebration, we're also giving away copies of both books to two lucky TUAW readers. To enter the giveaway, just leave a comment with your most perplexing Snow Leopard question. Here are the legal minutiae for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), who are 18 and older.
- To enter leave a comment below with your most perplexing Snow Leopard question.
- The comment must be left before August 28, 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Two winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Prize: One copy each of Take Control of Exploring & Customizing Snow Leopard and Take Control of Upgrading to Snow Leopard (Value: US$20.00)
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Disclaimer: Steve Sande has written several books for the Take Control series.