This week's Two Bosses Thunderdome is a fantastical menagerie: Gortok Palehoof and his Utgarde Pinnacle menagerie against Lavanthor of the Violet Hold. Palehoof and Company sailed through the gamut of Old Stratholme in their first-round matchup against the Infinite Corruptor (the Culling of Stratholme), while Lavanthor chewed up Moragg like a discarded chew toy in his own first-round match. Will this week's matchup offer a more challenging battle for each?
The ground rules:
- Assume that the opponents along with their collected minions share similar levels, health pools and comparative overall damage output.
- This deathmatch takes place in neutral territory, which shall not hinder either boss from using his usual encounter abilities.
- All the usual minions will be available to each boss.
- Don't get caught up in gameplay mechanics and what actual players might do in each encounter.
- Don't neglect style, story and scale.
Gortok Palehoof (Utgarde Pinnacle)
The Magnataur Gortok Palehoof is the second boss of Utgarde Pinnacle. He will be preceded in battle by (one at a time, your choice of sequence) his companions the Furbolg, the Worgen, the Rhino and the Jormungar. Consider the relative power they wield as a group; no single opponent shall be considered as powerful as Lavanthor himself.
Gortok Palehoof and sift through player comments about typical tactics for him and his companions.
Lavanthor (Violet Hold)
The great beast Lavanthor, also imprisoned in The Violet Hold, may look familiar to old-school raiders: yep, he's a Core Hound. As such, his tactics are basic but effective: bark fire, bite hard.
Lavanthor's abilities, and sift through player comments about his typical battle plan.
Remember: no player-tactic or game-mechanic nitpicking. Vote for the spirit of the battle as set forth above. Set aside differences in opponents' health pools, game level and actual damage output. Remember, Gortok and the rest of his team should end up roughly equivalent in raw capabilities to Lavanthor - it's style and technique that make the difference.
Who wins - and why? Post your reasoning, and let's come up with what goes down.