Image credit: Takayoshi Sugawara; 2007 contestant
Update: The entry period has closed.
It's that time of the year again -- when it's OK to show some video game spirit. Like, a lot of spirit. In between sewing your man-sized Peach dress and gluing together that Spartan Laser, why not take a break to do some carving?
That's right, welcome to The 2009 Joystiq Pumpkin Carving Contest! Submit pictures of your video game-themed pumpkin carvings for a chance to win a pile of games. Just follow the 8 simple rules after the break.
Update: We're posting entries in the gallery below (note: finalists will be selected and featured in a separate gallery). Peep the competition:
- Carve a video game-themed pumpkin.
- Send at least one picture of your pumpkin, in .jpg format (1024-pixels-wide), to email@example.com; please include the name you wish to be credited by on Joystiq.com and a brief description/caption of your carving.
- Additionally, be sure to take a secondary picture of a piece of paper or other material with the word "joystiq" written on it that's been placed next to or in front of your pumpkin. If you're selected as a winner, we'll ask to see this other photo to ensure that you haven't submitted someone else's carving as your own.
- You must be 13 years or older and a resident of the US or Canada (excluding Quebec) to enter.
- You may enter as many carved pumpkins as you like, so long as they're all related to video games.
- The entry period ends at 12:00PM ET on Friday, October 30. At that time, the Joystiq staff will nominate and post 10 finalists. A public voting will decide a winner and runner-up.
- One grand prize winner will receive an assortment of 10 video games (ARV $500) selected by Joystiq and based on the winner's platform choice(s) and age; and one first prize winner will receive 5 video games (ARV $250) selected under the same conditions.
- For the complete rules, please click here.