Name: Clemency (Wowhead, Thottbot, Armory)
Type: Epic Two-hand Staff
Damage/Speed: 280-518 / 2.10 (190.1 DPS)
- +153 Stamina, +153 Intellect. Yes, that much. +86 Spirit, too.
- A Blue and a Red socket, with a +7 spell power bonus if you match both up. Remember, you don't have to if you don't want to, and this is certainly a socket bonus that's probably not worth going for. If you need an extra gem for your meta, this is probably the place to put it.
- Improves crit strike rating by 137. Which is a lot. 3% at level 80, so just by equipping this one, you'll crit 3% more.
- And increases spell power by 701. Which is also very nice.
- This is the Alliance version of the staff. The Horde version is Sufferance. I don't know why I went with two Alliance pieces so far for ToC -- I'll go Horde next time, I promise.
- Clemency is defined as the act of moderating punishment or granting lenience against suffering. I'm not sure why they called this staff that, except that with all of that spellpower, maybe the idea is that you'll kill your target so fast they won't suffer. Much.
The good news is that this one has a chance of showing up if you have at least 25 or more attempts remaining, so you've got half your chances to finish off the instance to go through. Finish everything with 25 or more attempts left, win the roll (or shell out the DKP) against all of the other grabby casters, and the staff is yours.
Getting Rid of It: This is best in slot for lots of classes, at least up until Icecrown Citadel comes out, so you'll probably be hanging on to it, should you be lucky enough to keep it (and of course you know to gem and enchant it up, especially if you're raiding at this level). That said, whenever we get a new epic caster staff in Icecrown, you can disenchant this one into an Abyss Crystal, or sell it back to a vendor for 31g 60s 24c.