This week's Two Bosses fantasy deathmatch throws another loser who was voted back into the competition into the pit: King Dred, who lost his last match against King Ymiron, returns to test his claws against the subtle insinuations of Herald Volazj. Volazj is riding high in this season's tournament, easily winning his first matchup against Novos the Summoner and then shutting down Grand Magus Telestra.
This week's ground rules:
- Assume that the opponents share similar levels, health pools and comparative overall damage output.
- This deathmatch takes place in neutral territory, which shall in no way hinder either opponent from using his usual resources.
- Don't get caught up in gameplay mechanics and what actual players might do in each encounter.
- Don't neglect style, story and scale.
Herald Volazj (Ahn'Kahet: The Old Kingdom)
Ywaq maq oou; ywaq maq ssaggh. Ywaq ma shg'fhn. (They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle.)
The faceless Herald Volazj belongs to the ancient race known as servants of the Old Gods (maybe even Yogg-Saron). Volazj whispers directly into opponents' minds, slowly and relentlessly driving them insane and causing them to fight one another.
Herald Volazj's combat and review insights from players who've defeated him.
King Dred (Drak'tharon Keep)
King Dred raises his claws menacingly ...
King Dred, the great Devilsaur, is found within Drak'tharon Keep. His vicious attacks are augmented by those of the smaller raptors he calls to his aid during battle.
- Bellowing Roar
- Fearsome Roar
- Grievous Bite
- Mangling Slash
- Piercing Slash
- Raptor Call
- King Dred also "raises his claws menacingly," after which he performs all three of his bleed effects in rapid succession.
Read more about the Devilsaur's battle tactics, and look over comments from players who've faced him in Drak'tharon Keep.
The Thunderdome clash
Remember: no game-mechanic nitpicking. Set aside differences in opponents' health pools, game level and actual damage output. Vote for the spirit of the battle as set forth above, considering each opponent's abilities -- plus the style, scale and story he or she brings to the table.
After you cast your vote, we challenge you to hit the comments with a convincing scenario that will sway fellow readers to vote for your opponent of choice!