We let you know earlier this week that Massively is running a contest where you can win up to 15 months of EVE Online game time! We're kicking this off today, and the contest will run over two weeks leading up to the Dominion expansion launch. This week's contest is called "Enemy at the Gate," so-named for the major changes coming to EVE Online and its Sovereignty game mechanics, where stargates will be at the center of conflicts between alliances.
This will essentially be a writing contest, where we pose a question to you about the Dominion expansion. Your entry (limited to 200 words or less, details below) will be judged by the Massively staff on the merits of creativity and presentation. You'll have one full week to enter, by answering our question in the comments below this post. Two prizes will be awarded. The grand prize will be 15 Pilot License Extensions (PLEX), which is 15 months of EVE game time. First prize will be 10 PLEX, so 10 months of EVE game time. Got all that? Great. So here we go -- to enter Massively's PLEX contest, answer this question in the comments below, limiting your response to 200 words or less:
With EVE's new focus on developing infrastructure in 0.0 space in the Dominion expansion and beyond, how will the changes to Sovereignty impact your corporation or alliance?
Remember, this isn't a race to see how fast you can come up with a good entry; you'll have 7 days to enter and keep in mind we're only going to select the two most creative/best-presented entries as first and second prize winners. The contest period is 9:00 am ET November 23, 2009 to 9:00 am ET November 30, 2009, and the winners will be announced in this post after the end of the contest period. Be sure to read through the official rules for this contest, but here are some of the key points:
- Only U.S. and Canadian (excluding Quebec) residents may enter, and you must be 18 years of age or older.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- Your entry cannot exceed 200 words.
- The contest will be judged by the Massively staff. Criteria is half creativity and half presentation.
- The contest is not open to current or former employees of Massively or AOL/Weblogs, Inc.
- Massively will announce the winners in this post at the end of the contest period.
- Massively will then contact the winners via the email address used to submit the entry. If you've won, we will need to get your EVE Online account name/character name and give this information to CCP Games, who will deliver the PLEX prizes to your EVE character. We will never ask you for your password.
Congratulations to the two winners of our "Enemy at the Gate" contest!
"archy and mehitabel" took first place with his clever rhymes, winning 15 PLEX. "Circuitloss" took second place for his statement of purpose -- to take what's his in Dominion -- earning him 10 PLEX in contest winnings.
There were some great entries in this contest and it was tough to narrow them all down to two in the end. Honorable mention goes to SWheeler for his approach of writing a letter as his entry -- the judges all hope you'll enter the next contest as well.
Remember that the next contest is happening right now, so everyone (except for "archy and mehitabel" and "Circuitloss") who took a shot at the PLEX in "Enemy at the Gate" still has time to enter the final part of our EVE contest.
Massively's "New Eden" contest will run until 9:00am ET on December 7th, so use this weekend to get your entry in for a chance at winning between 10 and 15 months worth of EVE game time!