The system consists of an iPod touch outfitted with an accessory case that has a built-in barcode scanner, magnetic card reader, and battery. The device also uses a Pogo stylus for capturing customer signatures. The iPod touch runs a custom application that handles all the aspects of the sale.
Sales of the system outside of Apple retail outlets still remains only a possibility, but Apple is reported to be compiling a list of customers who might be interested in purchasing it. If demand grows, this Apple-developed tool could be sold to many other retailers.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 50
- Type Audio / video player
- Media type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Audio playback time up to 40 hours
- Video playback time up to 8 hours
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Dimensions 4.86 x 2.31 x 0.24 in
- Weight 3.03 oz
- Released 2014-06-26