Now that you can spice up your leveling experience by adding a little PvP to the mix, you owe it to yourself to do it up right. Battlegrounds can be bufuddling for new players, and WoW Rookie would be sad to hear you'd given up on them based on a couple of false starts. Head straight over to Zach Yonzon's A-to-Z coverage of Battleground basics in The Art of War(craft)'s Absolute beginner's guide to the Battlegrounds. Join us after the break for a complete list of the Battlegrounds you can enjoy, starting at level 10.
Absolute beginner's guide to Battlegrounds
An overview of the Battlegrounds experience.
- The absolute beginner's guide to Warsong Gulch Warsong Gulch is a classic capture-the-flag game for 10 players per side. You can enter your first Warsong Gulch match at level 10, with brackets covering levels 10–19, 20–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50–59, 60–69, 70–79 and 80.
- The absolute beginner's guide to Arathi Basin Arathi Basin is about accumulating resources, with 15 players playing for each faction. You can begin fighting in Arathi Basin at level 20; brackets include levels 20–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50–59, 60–69, 70–79 and 80.
- The absolute beginner's guide to Alterac Valley Alterac Valley is a massive battle pitting 40 of your faction against 40 of the enemy's, with generals to kill and other objectives to meet. You're eligible for your first AV at level 51, with brackets including levels 51-59, 60-69, 70-79 and 80. (Update: Corrected bracket levels)
- The absolute beginner's guide to Eye of the Storm The Eye of the Storm is a mix of capture-the-flag and resource gathering for 15 players per side. You're eligible for EotS beginning at level 61; brackets include levels 61-69, 70-79 and 80.
- The absolute beginner's guide to Strand of the Ancients The Strand of the Ancients pits teams of 15 against one another in an attack-and-defend scenario. There are two Strand brackets for levels 71-79 and 80.
- The absolute beginner's guide to Isle of Conquest The Isle of Conquest is a massive battle pitting 40 of your faction against 40 of the enemy's, with generals to kill and other objectives to meet. You become eligible to play at level 71, with brackets for levels 71-79 and 80.
- The absolute beginner's guide to Wintergrasp Wintergrasp is all about siege warfare and giant vehicles you can drive. The instance will accept up to 120 players from each faction. You must be level 75 to join, and players of higher level may receive priority getting in.
Visit the WoW Rookie Guide for links to all our tips, tricks and how-to's. WoW Rookie walks you through all sort of new-player concerns, from game lingo for the beginner to joining your first guild as a mid-level player and on to what to do when you finally hit level 80.