The changes to Ionar and Tharon'Ja in particular will make killing these bosses much less awkward in today's pugs. Back when Wrath was released DPS overall was much lower -- you'd be happy if you saw a DPS do 1500 on a boss fight. Because most people are so far beyond that, you spend more time running around doing nothing than actually fighting with an encounter like Ionar. Pretty nice changes for those of us chaining a few heroics every day.
The list of this round of changes include:
- Ionar, in the Halls of Lightning, will now only disperse once during the course of the fight.
- Prophet Tharon'Ja of Drak'Tharon will now only steal your flesh one time during the encounter.
- Players with the quest "Wrath of the Lich King" will now properly receive quest credit.
- Muradin and Saurfang will no longer gain stacks of Battlefury from totems. Additionally, the duration of Battlefury has also been reduced.
- Lord Marrowgar is now tauntable.
- The Looking For Group item level requirement for Halls of Reflection has been raised to match the difficulty of the encounters.
- Deathbringer Saurfang's Rune of Blood has been modified to heal 10 times the amount of damage dealt instead of 5 times the damage. This will make the encounter more difficult if you try to tank Saurfang with just one character. The tooltip does not reflect this change, but it will in a future patch.