NintendoWare releases, have come to an end. Other than the launch of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney on WiiWare, this week's offerings don't exactly fill our hearts with unfettered joy. That being said, if you're into variations of puzzle games, boy is it your week! Hit the break for the full release list.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Capcom, 1 player, 1,000 Wii Points): Ever dreamed of using a Wiimote to present evidence in a Phoenix Wright game? Now you can!
- Chronos Twins DX (EnjoyUp Games, 1 player, 1,000 Wii Points): Chronos Twins DX boasts a "Dual Gameplay" game system that allows players to control the game's main character in "two temporal scenarios at the same time." We're not exactly sure what that means, but it sure sounds like a ripe barrel of monkeys.
- ShadowPlay (Deep Fried Entertainment, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): The description for ShadowPlay informed us that, aside from the core puzzle-solving mechanics of the game, you can "make a monster out of a pineapple, a dolphin out of a banana - the only limit is your imagination." What's next, cats and dogs, living together? Madness, we say!
- Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye (Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): Sure, your basic Microsoft mouse has included a copy of Mahjong since you first booted up the 386 back in the day, but who doesn't want to slap down $8 for a "reinvented" version of the classic game?
- Touch Solitaire (Nintendo, 1 player, 200 DSi Points): Following up on this week's Virtual Console release with another game that nearly every PC in the world comes equipped with for free, Touch Solitaire offers "two of the most popular versions of the world-famous card game!" We are officially Lizzing.
- Jazzy Billiards (Aksys Games, 1-2 players, 500 DSi Points): "Sure, alright, it's a pool game," you say, unconvinced that Jazzy Billiards is for you. Well did you know that it also features "mind-soothing music?" It does! We're calmer just thinking about it.
- Word Searcher (Digital Leisure Inc., 1 players, 500 DSi Points): For just $5, you can push through "100 themed word search puzzles," comprised of everything from anatomy to US Presidents. If that price is too steep for you, the internet has hundreds available online for free.