Even as Splinter Cell: Conviction
(and, well, RUSE
, but whatever) moved out of Q1 this week, we are still faced with one of the most packed high-profile first half of the year release schedules
we've ever seen. We're not kidding ourselves, there's going to be a lot more shifting this year, because we still haven't gotten around to hearing about all the unannounced stuff! All we know is if Mass Effect 2
gets delayed in the eleventh hour
... no joke
, someone is getting blown out an airlock. What's everyone playing this weekend?
- Alexander Sliwinski (@XanderSliwinski): Hinkle and I are probably going to play some Battlefield: Bad Company. Also finishing Darksiders.
- Andrew Yoon (@scxzor): As one of the few people ever that enjoyed the first Army of Two, I'm looking forward to playing the sequel this weekend.
- Ben Gilbert (@BigBossBgilbert): I've been very seriously considering a playthrough of Mass Effect, and I believe this afternoon that will begin. I should probably give Chris back his copy of Uncharted 2, huh? Maybe I'll finish it first, maybe I won't! The future is unknown!
- Christopher Grant (@ChrisGrant): Lots of leveling up in store for me this weekend – after we prep the apartment for an Apartment Therapy photo shoot, I'll be rewarding myself with equal doses of Borderlands and the seemingly infinite Dragon Age: Origins. Ding!
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): For me, it's all about the ultimate climax action this weekend. Also, I'm going to play some Bayonetta. LOLOLOLOL (Gross, Dave. -Ed.)
- Griffin McElroy (@griffinmcelroy): I recently picked up Final Fantasy X, because I'd like to beat all the Final Fantasy games I never finished before XIII comes out. It may just be a pipe dream though, because sweet lord VIII is just so terrible.
- James Ransom-Wiley: ...
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher): Gathering up the wherewithal to go back into the fight that ended my Crystal Bearers playthrough, and then getting lost in the damn woods in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.
- Justin McElroy (@JustinMcElroy): I'm going to keep playing through Dark Void after I've made my way through all the distractions of Darksiders. Addendum: Oh shit, I take it all back! Mass Effect 2!
- Kevin Kelly (@gadgetguy): DARKSIDERS FINAL BATTLE! *die* *retry* DARKSIDERS FINAL BATTLE! *die*
*retry* DARKSIDERS FINA ... you get the gist.
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): I'll try to wrap up Darksiders and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers: Starring the Guy with a Crystal in his Face, in addition to my second round of Mass Effect. I'm also sensing a bit of a Dirt 2 comeback ...
- Mike Schramm (@MikeSchramm): Continuing Ratchet and Clank Future:Tools of Destruction, a rental and playthrough of Army of Two with the same friend I played the first one with, and a Saturday night party full of Rock Band.
- Randy Nelson (@DangerPenguin) I think I'll spend some time playing a little game I like to call ... the Apocalypse! What? Oh, okay, it's called "Darksiders," I guess. I am a little worried that the game will tear the screen on my new TV, since I think I read something about that. But, I guess if it does, the developer will send me some kind of patch to put over the tear?
- Richard Mitchell (@SenseiRAM): I would like to be playing the Star Trek Online beta. After several days and several failed attempts to launch the game, I'm about to quit. Beyond that, I must finish Assassin's Creed 2 so I can finally start the original Mass Effect.
- Xav de Matos (@Xav): Suddenly I'm addicted to Battlefield: Bad Company online, so I imagine that will take up most of my time this weekend.
- Justin Glow (@justinglow): (Already shifting 2011)