No, but seriously folks -- though Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep is still selling fairly strong, the PSP lost half of its sales power since last week. In fact, every piece of gaming hardware went into a free fall between January 11 and January 18, leading us to once again wonder what the hell is going on over there. Did a really good book come out, or something?
Based on our calculations, at this rate of decline, all of the numbers you see below should hit zero within about two months. We certainly hope this is just some sort of natural phenomenon, and not a secret doomsday countdown from our invisible extraterrestrial visitors.
- PSP: 71,186 74,496 (51.14%)
- Wii: 57,349 19,423 (25.30%)
- PS3: 35,156 26,435 (42.92%)
- DSi LL: 30,418 14,803 (32.73%)
- DSi: 27,292 22,886 (45.61%)
- DS Lite: 6,574 3,493 (34.70%)
- Xbox 360: 4,622 839 (15.36%)
- PS2: 2,580 512 (16.56%)
- PSP Go: 2,027 814 (28.65%)
[Source: Media Create]
Read: The free falling archives