Joystiq's #2 game of 2009 is finally leaping onto PC on March 16. Ubisoft doesn't seem too apologetic about the four-month delay, pricing the game at $59.99 (a higher price usually reserved for console releases) for both retail and digital versions. However, the PC edition of Assassin's Creed II will act as a pseudo "director's cut" of the game, and it will include two upcoming DLC episodes, Battle of Forli and Bonfire of the Vanities.
In addition to the standard PC version, Ubisoft has announced a special "Black Edition" of Assassin's Creed II for $64.99. The press release is incredibly vague about what extras it may contain, simply referring to them as "additional content." An Ubisoft representative remained cryptic about the bonuses, too, promising a "reveal in February," which suggests that the content could differ from the "Black Edition" released on consoles.
Check out the PC specs after the break.
- SUPPORTED OS: Windows XP (32-64 bits) /Windows Vista®(32-64 bits)/Windows 7 (32-64 bits)
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHZ RAM: 1.5 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista - Windows 7
- Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 –compliant sound card DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0
- Hard Drive Space: 8 GB
- Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better
- Video Card: GeForce 8800 GT or ATI Radeon HD 4700 or better
- Sound: 5.1 sound card
- Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse, joystick optional (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
- Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: ATI RADEON X1950, HD 2000/3000/4000/5000 series NVIDIA GeForce 7/8/9/100/200 series