Zombies Ate My Neighbors showed up on the Virtual Console, we were plum surprised. Save for a whisper here and there years earlier, we had no idea to expect the classic (and beloved) SNES title. Today, Nintendo has unleashed that game's sequel on the Virtual Console, accompanied by a bunch of other titles -- including Gameloft's WiiWare release, Uno, and Nintendo's feng-shui board game, Number Battle.
- Number Battle (Nintendo, 1 - 4 players, 500 DSi Points): A feng shui-inspired board game using numbered tiles. The objective is to reach a target score by linking together the various tiles. Can be played against the CPU or human opponents.
- AiRace: Tunnel (QubicGames, 1 player, 200 DSi Points): You control a plane that progressively picks up speed through a variety of tunnels, dodging obstacles along the way. It kinda sounds like Operation but with airplanes.
- Escapee Go! (Gevo Entertainment, 1 - 4 players, 200 DSi Points): You play as Claire, an amnesiac being chased by some "unknown enemy." Yeah, we were bummed it wasn't something based on The Fugitive, too.
- Uno (Gameloft, 1 - 6 players, 1,000 Wii Points): It's Uno. It was probably all over your childhood.
- bittos+ (Machine, 1 player, 800 Wii Points): If you like squares, this game is for you. The object is to rotate the game board and move around its various pieces to create squares. Create squares within squares for bonus points and create squares within squares within squares because you're just that good.
- "Aha! I Found It!" Hidden Object Game (Ateam Inc., 1 - 4 players, 500 Wii Points): It's like those bar games where you find hidden objects in a sea of other images. That's exactly what this is.
- Ghoul Patrol (SNES, 1 -2 players, 800 Wii Points): The sequel to Zombies Ate My Neighbors, this one forgoes the undead as an enemy and turns to the spectral plane for cannon fodder. Navigate the local library, dispatching spirits and dodging flying books. It's like a junior version of Ghostbusters, without the crossing streams and the womanizing Dr. Venkman.