I'll be honest though, the big story for me this week was the release of the Invincible music. Seriously, this is some amazing music and I can't wait to hear it in game. That said, it better not be about the horse. Seriously, Arthas. I love you and all, but that horse is just dumb. You gotta let it go. It was years ago. No-one liked that horse but you. And seriously, naming it Invincible was just thumbing your nose at fate. No, this had better be a plaintive hymn to the fall of Lordaeron, the loss of innocence, and the beloved prince that you once were, played as the Argent Crusaders and the Ebon Blade carry your body off on a bier while Varian, Jaina, Muradin, Thrall, Saurfang, and Bolvar Fordragon watch solemnly.
Yes, I may have put too much thought into this.
Anyhow, you didn't come to hear me rant, you came to catch up on your WoW news during the downtime. As such, please find our usual summary of the last 7 days or so below the cut!
Hot News and Features
- The Warcraft movie buzz has been hot and heavy lately, but here's what we actually do know about it.
- Pimp My Profile is back. We begin by helping out a hunter.
- Resilience is now hotfixed to be even more effective. Crimson Halls has also seen some hotfixes.
- Do we have evidence of a new Winter Olympics in-game reward?
- Ghostcrawler thinks AoE tanking, especially for paladins, may be a bit too good.
- Tier 10 plate tank armor will be seeing a slight armor buff. Blizzard says they'll keep an eye on the bears.
- Totem Talk's Elemental 101 helps you master the elemental shaman.
- Shifting Perspectives discusses druid healing strategy for Icecrown CItadel.
- Encrypted Text has more tips for rogues in ICC.
- Scattered Shots has hunter tips for ICC's Lower Spire. We're also helping you understand some confusing hunter abilities.
- We also have some warrior tips for Plagueworks.
- The Light and How to Swing it has a look at paladin loot in the Plagueworks.
- Lichborne looks at Lower Spire loot for death knights.
- Spiritual Guidance discusses stats for shadow priests. We also have a holy and discipline priests guide to ICC-10 gear.
- Arcane Brilliance does not like DPS meters.
- Raid Rx wonders if you're doing enough.
- Rossi tells DPS how not to get creamed on AoE fights.
- Blood Sport looks at resources in Arenas.
- The Art of War(craft) helps you take on death knights in PvP.
- Ready Check takes on Festergut.
- Rogues rejoice: ICC is bringing back the traps.
- The Overachiever looks at 5 achievements that can make you money.
- Insider Trader has the technology to make your bank alt better, faster, stronger.
- Ghostcrawler speaks on replacing hunter ammunition in Cataclysm.
- Know Your Lore looks at the second war between the Alliance and the Horde.
- This Russian commercial may look familiar to you.
- So your account has been hacked. What now?
- Paul Sams lays down the law on premature releasing.