The Classifieds brings you weekly updates on guild recruiting, rankings, splits and merges, progression and more. Have guild news or a Random Act of Uberness to share? E-mail TheClassifieds@wow.com.
Huzzah! We have a winne -- err, loser to announce! Proudly claiming the lead in our Spectacular Wipes Challenge is the stalwart PUG from US Thrall-A shown in the Sarth-3D video, above. "This was a zerg attempt prior to release of 3.1, the first done Alliance-side on Thrall-US," writes submitter Popalicious. "While we don't all come from the same guild, most of us were friends and some of us had been guilded together prior to the release of BC (though I think the hunter in this video was a total PUG none of us knew at all, heh). I was the only one who had successfully completed Sarth+3 on 10- or 25-man in the group, so it was kind of awesome fun to see the spam when we finally did get it down. I was proud of us for sticking it out, but the QQ over Vent when this wipe came up ... 'OMG one more poison proc and he would have died!', 'One more tick of Ret Aura ...' After this wipe, one of the rogues went back to Zangarmarsh and farmed up some Firebloom, convinced it would be that one little extra push we'd need. But sadly, it just wasn't meant to be that night. We did complete it successfully the next week with almost the exact same makeup."
This group's 223-hp spectacular wipe easily bests <Spectacular Death>'s 1,475-hp gem. Can your boss wipe beat that? Send in the best of your worst to TheClassifieds@wow.com.
Now let's crack open The Classifieds ...
Around the world of WoW
Calling all thespians The in-game theatrical project mentioned in last week's The Classifieds has made it to the web. Read the script and get involved at project head Tim Balzer's web site.
Happy fifth anniversary to <Low Landers> (EU Stormrage-A). The Dutch/Belgian guild has been celebrating its milestone week with a surprise party for GM Littlebonnie, a For the Alliance raid and commemorative screenshot (above). The guild offers something for everyone, from 25-man raiding (now working on Festergut) to a large group of players who exclusively enjoy Arena and Battlegrounds. Here's to another five, <Low Landers>!
It's a thrilling time for guilds pushing hard into Icecrown Citadel. This week, the world's top-ranked teams are pushing hard to bring down Icecrown Citadel's bosses in heroic mode. Competition is tight among those vying to be first to tick off ICC achievements. Progress is heart-stoppingly tight in the smaller pool of the 10-man strict teams (those who raid 10-man content without 25-man-geared players). Even if your guild doesn't share the urge to cap these encounters before anyone else, you can get in on the excitement by following the teams from your faction and realm who do.
Rankings listed below were accurate as of Tuesday evening.
- 25-man Progression This week, it's a battle to clear the bosses on heroic. In the lead: <Paragon> EU Lightning's Blade, <Exodus> US Ysondre, and <For the Horde> EU Nazjatar.
- 25-man Achievement <Wraith> of EU Sargeras takes top honors this week with Been Waiting a Long Time for This, bringing them to 1,415 achievement points. Close behind are 17 other guilds worldwide who've earned 1,395 achievement points.
- 10-man Progression Russian guild <Экзорсус> EU Ревущий фьорд heads a list of 25 guilds keeping a brisk pace in ICC-10.
- 10-man Achievement It's <noxa> of EU Arygos taking the lead with 1,390 points, followed by just five other guilds at 1,380.
- 10-man Strict Progression <From Chaos> US Suramar and <Vox Immortalis> US Hyjal top the charts this week, followed by 15 other guilds who are close on their heels.
- 10-man Strict Achievement <From Chaos> and <Vox Immortalis> also top the 10-man Strict Achievement charts with 1,340 points. Next in line is <Three> EU Executus with 1,295 points.
Please include your guild web site address with recruiting submissions.
- Icecrown Citadel raiding We're not sure which was the savvier move, making a guild recruitment video or sending it to hit-machine WoW.com. Either way, the gang at <Irregardless> of US Altar of Storms-A (above) looks like a group that knows how to get things done while enjoying one another's company in the process.
- More of everything, please <G U I L D L E S S> on US Altar Of Storms-H is filling its fourth 10-man team and launching a second 25-man team, for progression raiding 3-5 p.m. Saturdays and 4-8 p.m. Sundays.
- 10-man looking toward 25s <Wildcards> (EU Doomhammer-A) recently lost a batch of raiders to that nasty real-world stuff and seeks more 10-man raiders, especially healers and DPS, for eventual growth to 25s. Also seeking to move from 10-man to 25-man is <Avengers of Azeroth> (US Ursin-A), currently clearing the first wing of ICC with a relaxed, personable outlook, raiding Wednesdays and Sundays 4:30-9 (Thursdays optional).
- 10-man team <Bânished> of US Skywall-A is rounding out its second 10-man ICC team; needs all but ranged DPS; raiding 4-7 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Late starter 10-mans <Esquire Trading Company> (US Cenarion Circle-H) is looking for 10-man team members to raid Thursdays-Saturdays after 9-10 p.m. PST; weekly ToC and Onyxia clears, beginning ICC.
Random Acts of Uberness
Shaelia, US Maelstrom-A "I had just started a new pally on a new server (Maelstrom). While at level 10 and with no other toons on that server, I was traveling to Darnassus. On the boat, there was also a max-level toon, Shaelia. Out of the kindness of his/her heart and with no asking from me (I was getting by and am too proud to ask for anything from others), Shaelia's player impulsively and very generously gave me 100g and four Frostweave bags to help me along on my travels. That act of kindness has made my week!" (Anonymous)
The Classifieds brings you weekly updates on player and community news, guild recruiting, rankings and more. Have news, guild event screenshots or a Random Act of Uberness to share? E-mail TheClassifieds@wow.com. (If you're recruiting or seeking contacts from other players, please include your guild's web site address.)