With our intrepid reporter Alexander Sliwinski
off at DICE
in Las Vegas this week, the reins of WRUP have been temporarily handed over -- don't worry, we'll be gentle
. That said, we're wondering what the most exciting news to come out of this week's event was for you, dearest reader. Perhaps Richard Garriott's surprisingly speedy re-entry
into the world of game development? How about Bobby Kotick's admission
that he wishes he had "looked in Harmonix's direction" before buying up RedOctane? We're quite partial to the AIAS agreeing
with our favorite game of 2009
. Let's ruminate on this while discussing what everyone's playing this weekend, shall we?
- Alexander Sliwinski (@XanderSliwinski): Starting my third Mass Effect 2 playthrough. If there's anything else to be had, it'll probably be Bayonetta.
- Andrew Yoon (@scxzor): Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I'll be playing Mass Effect 2.
- Ben Gilbert (@BigBossBgilbert): I'm on the road this weekend, but there's not a doubt in my mind that I'll spend the wee hours of Sunday evening putting even more time into the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 demo. That dude stabbing you in the neck? That's me. Hello!
- Christopher Grant (@ChrisGrant): With both Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 under my belt (that's over 100 hours of BioWare in a row!) I'm looking to start either BioShock 2 or Heavy Rain ... but what do I choose? Heavy Rain promises to be shorter and more unique, but the praise for BioShock 2 has my curiosity piqued. Help me out, internet.
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle):For me, I'm going to mess with this Korg DS-10 Plus I just got and probably play a bit of MAG. I'm also trudging through Bioshock 2 in the hopes that it really does get better near the end, like so many have told me. Oh, and StarCraft 2 beta!
- Griffin McElroy (@griffinmcelroy): Equal parts MAG, Dark Cloud 2, and -- hey! How did my World of Warcraft account get reactivated? Oh well. Might as well play that too, right?
- James Ransom-Wiley: No, for real, I'm still playing Dragon Age.
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher): Logic tells me that I should finish what I'm playing before buying Ace Attorney Investigations. However, the logic system in Ace Attorney Investigations says "buy me!"
- Justin McElroy (@JustinMcElroy): What Ludwig said. Oh, but also MAG. Have you joined the Joystiq Biomass clan yet? You really should.
- Kevin Kelly (@gadgetguy): It's a Beta weekend for me: Starcraft II and Command and Conquer 4. MOUSE CLICKS, AHOY!
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): A cravat-wearing prosecutor friend of mine has requested my assistance in solving all manner of crimes this weekend. Chief among them? People failing to purchase Ace Attorney Investigations.
- Mike Schramm (@MikeSchramm): I beat Mirror's Edge this week (and discussed it with Patrick Bach from Dice at the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 event, actually). Lately I've been jonesing for some old school Final Fantasy, so I just may pick up Final Fantasy Tactics from PSN and put some hours into that. And I haven't made it into the Starcraft II beta yet, so the Command and Conquer 4 beta will have to do.
- Randy Nelson (@DangerPenguin) I took Ludwig's advice and waited for Bonfire of the Vanities to hit before playing the Assassin's Creed 2 DLC, so there'll be that. After that I'll try to balance Mass Effect 2 and BioShock 2 -- aww, who am I
- kidding? I've got Torchlight.
- Richard Mitchell (@SenseiRAM): Still working through Mass Effect 1. Things are getting pretty good. If I can manage to finish it, I'll probably pick up the sequel before the weekend is out.
- Xav de Matos (@Xav): This weekend I'll be tied down to my Xbox 360 playing (redacted). Also, I'll probably find some time to UStream the continuing adventures of the very angry Ms. Jane Shepard.
- Justin Glow (@justinglow): (Creating his own -- definitive -- game awards show.)